Pages

Get Your Free eBook Store

Mar 3, 2011

Is it really God's voice?

It was during my 1st year in Engineering College. The ragging was feared by all freshers. We have to learn all the names of the seniors and recognize them by the view of their footwear or their voice(which we have never heard before). The third button of our own shirt was all we were allowed to see in front of our seniors. It was a horrible time for us during those days. Most of my friends were non-Christians. I use to pray to God, read the Bible and have my own personal fellowship with God. I use to be very happy feeling His presence with
me. I didn't have close friends with whom I could share things at those times but I was never lonely when ever I prayed and meditated on God's words. My faith grew a lot and I thought that God will give me all I ask for.

A time came when the final ragging season started, seniors would call the juniors in the hostel and slap them for not being able to answer the question that no normal human beings could answer. It was a type of interaction though. I prayed to God that no seniors would lay their hands on me because even my parents hardly lay hands on me as I have always been obedient to them, I also believe that God will definitely deliver me like He use to deliver me in many other problems. So when I got my first slap (technical love, as they call it). I reacted, but unfortunately, i was overpowered and got worse than what I expected.

I was really disappointed with my seniors and especially with God whom I have been praying and talking to, almost every day. That night, I didn't have my dinner nor read my Bible. I lied down on my bed and prayed, "Dear Jesus, I am very disappointed today, I don't know what to ask you and I don't even have any idea of how you will make me happy tonight. I don't think anyone in this world will ever be able to comfort me. If you want to speak to me, I am hearing but I am not worshiping you nor am I asking you anything. Amen.". Then I kept quiet and continued to think on my bed with my head covered under the blanket.

Suddenly I felt a voice inside me talking to me on behalf of Jesus, and the conversation goes like this-

Inside voice (IV): Jesus also got many slaps and beatings for the sins He didn't commit, besides He didn't even commit a single mistake.

Me: But that was done to save the world and He suffered for the sins of the world, I got beaten for nor cause or reason.

IV: What about the prophets and missionaries that were tortured and murdered?

Me: That was for the Kingdom of God, they were spreading the word of God, and they are going to be rewarded.

IV: Then why do you think you are getting beaten?

Me: Because I came to this college and I am an engineering student.

IV: What makes you think that God can't use your talent or the knowledge you gain here for His kingdom?

Me: (surprised) Okay I got it. You mean, if all the knowledge I gained and the things I learned is used for God (for helping people) that means I was also suffering for the sake of His kingdom?

IV: You got it! Do not be depressed again for these small tiny sufferings. Use whatever you gain and whatever you have for the glory of God and for helping people, and then all your sufferings will be for God. But if you use your knowledge for your own enjoyment after you succeed, you sufferings were meant for yourself alone. Suffering is a must and it is good to be successful, but you can chose for what reason you suffered. You can suffer for your own enjoyment in your later years (or if you’re lucky it can be for your children) and that is the reward itself. You can also suffer for the glory of God by helping the needy or spreading the good news of what Jesus has done for us. You will be rewarded eternally and your descendants will be blessed as well (it is a promise in the Bible). And there is no shortcut to happiness or success. The choice is yours.

After that I was so happy. I jumped up from my bed, worshiped God, read the Bible and gave thanks to Jesus. Then I wrote my diary entry.
I am not boasting of what I have experienced, I just wanted to share hoping that it may be a blessing for at least one person.

4 comments:

write your comments