Pages

Get Your Free eBook Store

Mar 13, 2011

Conquering Death

Most people make plans in their life, planning where they will be and what they will do in their future. Some plan for a future of a year or two, while others plan for a decade or a couple of decades. But few plan and think of their future, a century ahead or where they will be after they die. It's not a matter of whether you believe in heaven and hell or life after death. No one can cheat their heart. The creator has installed the idea of immortality of soul in the the mind of every human and a willingness to be immortal.

As a child I was always scared whenever I think of
dying. And that fear never left me even when I did what I felt was good or what people said is good. That fear did not decrease when I did bad or things that a good guy should not do. That fear always remained in me, whenever I think about death-the invincible enemy.

As I grew older to became a teenage boy. A side of me uses to be so proud, hiding all the fears I had, acting as if I fear nothing. There was still a hidden thought that made me fear death though I didn't want to tell anyone. I was brave enough to do anything that will prove my bravery, but to give my life there was always some fear.

I was not afraid of the pain to die, I was afraid of what I will become when I die, until I came to know of a man who defeated death. The man who died and rose again, the man who promise all that believe in Him that he will defeat for them too, the man who created the heavens and the earth. All I have to do was to put my trust and believe in Him. I have heard about Him many times, but I thought it was just like others that promise of a happy afterlife by giving hope. But this man speaks to me whenever I called Him sincerely because He is ALIVE, now and forever.

He saved me and gave me eternal life freely, besides he blessed me with all I needed. This is too good to be true. It is the Gospel of Christ. "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:18)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

write your comments