Pages

Get Your Free eBook Store

Mar 4, 2011

Should I read the Bible?

As a boy, my mom use to force me to read the Bible. I find it no use in reading especially when I was not in a mood. She would let me memorize some important verses which she felt good and which I can't even understand. My mom was the most horrible and boring mom a boy could imagine. Sometimes, I would just look at the Bible and act like reading it and think of other things in my mind. When she asks me to pray, there were times i just close my eyes
and never say a word of prayer. I use to think my mom was a fool to let me do all those stuffs that did not have any impact in my life. She made me do these stuffs as long as I was under her control.
A time came when I have to go away from my home for higher studies, where there were times my parents couldn't send money, times when I was sick and no one there to take care of me like my mom, times when I was heartbroken. And it was during these times that the Bible verses that I have memorized and read start talking to me. Eventually, I started to pray to the God, whom I thought have made my life boring and never cared about. God was always right beside me, waiting for me to turn to Him and look for Him. I was born a sinner to be punished. But now I am saved. Knowing the love of God through the Bible was the happiest moment in my life that I will never ever forget. My life is so small to pay Jesus back for what He has done for me.
Now, I realize the love of my mother and what she did for me. I also realize that the Bible is the word of God and it is the living book. As we sow a living seed and do not know what will make it sprout, we can read the Bible and the rest will be done by God, the living word of the Bible will sprout in its own time.
Those who sow will read the fruits of what they sow, but those who do not sow it will not reap it. The seed is the living word of God and you can sow it in your heart. The seed is plenty, the choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

write your comments