Pages

Get Your Free eBook Store

Feb 13, 2011

A reason to live

Science tells us that living things whether small or big, irrespective of their nature, have their own purpose and reason. If God has created even the small minute particles with a purpose, it is without question that everyone has his/her own purpose in life. In fact, it is a personal relationship with God to know why He created us. However, as we all know that human wants are unlimited. Money, fame and power will never satisfy the ever greedy minds of man. After enjoying all possible worldly pleasure, king Solomon admits in his book of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes book that the soul purpose of man is to fear the Lord and obey His commandments. And Jesus says that the greatest commandments are to love the Lord your God with all heart, mind and soul; and to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.
I have been thinking of what I should be doing since my childhood, but now I have realized that
what ever I do, and how much ever I may have earned, if I do not love my neighbors or the people around me. Or say, if I do not help the people whoever I can help, then a time will always come in my life when I say I had no pleasure in what I have done.
There have been a few times when I have help people with what I can do(though not much), It is always a great feeling to see their happy faces. Nothing is too small in doing a good thing. Besides when I see great people being greeted by the people they have helped, it is much more enviable than a millionaire who is just stared upon, because of the wealth he possesses.
When a man truly loves a woman, he automatically love all the things that the woman loves including her family and even her pets, he wouldn't do anything that will hurt the things that the woman loves because he loves the woman and doesn't want to hurt her feelings. In the same way, if we love God we ought to love his creatures and human in particular. God love the world so much that he gave his only begotten son, so if we love God we ought to do good for the world and the well being of the world. After all, what is money without happiness? What is a man who has the whole world but loses his life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

write your comments