Pages

Get Your Free eBook Store

Feb 23, 2011

To be a blessing for many...

Once, I decided to write down my prayers so that I could remember what the Lord has answered me according to my wishes. But what I found out was rather unexpected. The Lord showed me that my prayers were so selfish, I realize my selfishness. I thought praying to God for forgiveness, giving thanks and praying for myself to be a good person was a good deed. It is not bad but realize I was indeed one of the most selfish person. I didn't show the character of a good Christian.
If I was the child with the five bread and two fishes that Jesus blessed to feed the multitude, I don't think I will ever give that bread to Jesus. I'd rather give thanks to God for the bread and fishes I had and eat them quietly. I think this is what most Christians now a days would do. Yes, the other guys were lazy, they didn't bring anything to eat, they ought to starved. If a child could bring for his food, why can't they do the same?
But if we want to be a blessing for many people, we can't be selfish, thinking only for ourselves. We need to be like the child who would trust Jesus in everything he had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

write your comments