Pages

Get Your Free eBook Store

Feb 13, 2011

Eli Eli lama sabachthani

Loneliness can be felt even among a multitude. I remember being shifted to a new school many times in my education career. Being a new boy in the school was not always a nice experience. Some students teasing, some not even bothering to talk, some so anxious to talk and many different and weird new activities around. The sound, the amusement and the quietness all adds to the loneliness of a new student in school. It is horrible even when no one bother us.
Then comes the college life. A new comer in the college, with many new unknown faces all around, surrounded by a bunch of notorious seniors trying to give ragging. The loneliness being multiplied by the torture of the wild seniors makes the life terribly horrible.
Besides, another terrible thing is being lonely when we see our friends all around yet no one dare to talk us. All acting like a stranger to us; the friends that have hanged out and partied with us, the friends whom we have helped many times and the friends who have helped us many times, the friends with whom many promises have been made.
Jesus, faced all the possible loneliness and betrayal from his own friends, all together the week of passion. No one was there to share his pain and agony because our sins were to heavy for a normal human to bear. This was not all, he was further left by his own father, God-the father. This pain and agony made him cry out, "Eli Eli lama sabachthani" meaning "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Many people misinterpret this words saying that Jesus was not the true son of God. But the thing is that Jesus was too ugly with the whole humanity sin he was carrying. He was getting the experience of Hell for us, so that we will be safe from our eternal punishment. Jesus was so lonely despite the multitude that surround Him and His disciple and mother around.
God will never spare us with our sins just as He led His only son died on the cross. We will die for eternity in hell. But as Jesus defeated death and rose again on the third day, we will also defeat death by trusting Jesus. I am ever grateful to Jesus for what He has done for me. So, I am sharing it here. Ever since I have accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and savior, there has not been a single day He has left me. He forgives my sins, gives me peace, and continues to guide me in all my ways. Even when i stray away from him and fall down, all i do is call Him, He is always right besides me. Friends, if you want true happiness, Jesus is always there when you called Him and surrender yourself to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

write your comments