Pages

Get Your Free eBook Store

Aug 9, 2011

First Salary and Grand Parents

Getting the 'First Salary' or the 'First Pay' may be one of the most exciting thing for a person. Right from the day I was born, my parents started thinking what the I will become in the future or when I grow big and old. They send me to school even before I could talk a complete sentence. Every parents dream of making their own children successful and become greater than others is an accepted fact.

As I grew day by day and started my education, the first and primary reason what motivated me to study and work hard was to have a decent job someday, sooner or later. To get a job, especially a high paying job is like reaching the 'Promise Land' for many
people and for me. People dream of earning by themselves right from the time they could start thinking of life is a natural instinct. Being included in the Class, People, I too worked hard and finally got a job of my choice.

Oh! Wait a minute! Did I say a job of my choice? Yes I did! But this doesn't seem realistic. So, I better explain how this job became a job of my choice. During my primary schooling I wanted to become an Army Captain. This gradually changed by being motivated be elders and teachers to become a 1st class National Officer which was further again transformed into a Doctor and finally landed me to become an Engineer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be known as a man carried away by the winds. I do have valid reasons to change my aim and desire. I first chose Army seeing the way they catch all the bad guys and their fancy uniforms that makes them look like a real man, but i gave up this desire after knowing how they were sent away wherever they seemed necessary by corrupt politicians. I was again impressed by the first class national officers, but this also blurred after I see corrupt politicians using them they way they like. This further made my love professionals like doctors and Engineers who are not under the politicians, at least not directly. I admire doctors who help people but the weird names of plants and animals could not make me interested into the subject besides having to leave Maths, which was my favorite subject as a student. Thus, I landed to be an engineer. And thereby getting any engineer job was a job of my desire.

Back to the topic, the first pay! The entire first month of work was spent on estimating the first pay rather than estimating the work in hand. Those days may be the days I have used my brain the most with related to money and spending it. After a thoughts full of raw data, as jumbled as the Chinese noodles. I came to a conclusion on the day I got my first pay and used it as planned.

While many of my friends brought things for themselves, their brothers, sisters and parents. I spent most of my earnings on my grandparents, because I was lucky enough to have a grandparents on both the sides, maternal and paternal. They all are above seventies and I don't know how long they will be with me in this earth. They are the one's to whom I could run to whenever my parents scold me, they are the one's that told me stories of many heroes when my parents couldn't bear my irritations. They are indeed the one's that took care of my parents when I don't know them so that I could be born. They are the greatest assets for me on this earth.

Making others happy and seeing their joy became more precious to me than any other jewels or wealth. Richness is not money and wealth but richness and wealth can indeed be brought by money. We don't really care where Osama Bin Laden is hiding, or what Obama will do next, or whether Mark Zuckerberg will sell Facebook to terrorists, or whether Ronaldo is pregnant. All that matters is how much your grandparents love you and how you can show them back if you still have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

write your comments