Pages

Get Your Free eBook Store

Apr 2, 2011

Fearing the Lord

I use to try my best to fear the Lord because I know that there are lots of promises for those who fear the Lord. Besides the countless blessings I get every day, I couldn't feel that I really fear the Lord in the right way to fear Him. I prayed many times to understand how I should fear the Lord. Until one day, when I realize the true way of how I should fear the Lord, then started my real happiness and faithfulness in the Lord.
Fearing the Lord is not like fearing some tyrant ruler or a wild animal that will hurt us if we do not follow their will. I use to fear the Lord because

I was afraid that the Lord will punish me if I do wrong things. But, that was not the right way because a point of frustration will come when you want to do things that are really tempting for you. Fearing the Lord in this way may keep you from doing bad things for days, months or years. But for a lifetime, you need to have some better reason than this.
I realized that fearing the Lord for your lifetime is really possible only if you love the Lord with all your heart and mind. Do not do the will of the Lord because you may be punished. But rather do the will of the Lord because of what He has done for you. Even if you are going to go to heaven after doing what the Lord doesn't want, you must still do what the Lord wants you to do, out of your love for Him. I don't mean that a person will still go to heaven being bad. I just wanted to elaborate the need to do everything for the glory of God because of what He has done for us.
Do not do good things just hoping to escape from hell, because your deeds alone can't save you. How much ever we try to be good, our mind is still full of bad things. Believe in Jesus, trust Him and love Him as He has loved us by giving His life for us. If you believe in Jesus and love Him, fearing to hurt him rather than fearing Him to hurt you, Jesus is always ready to accept us as His friend. Salvation belongs to Him, besides a bonus of blessings and happiness in life.
Jesus died but He is not dead. He arose to live forever more. He is not Lord of the Dead but of the Living. He is my Lord and I will live forever with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

write your comments