Pages

Get Your Free eBook Store

Apr 4, 2009

The Rejected Home

The Home of the Hypocrites
He was on his way to the hotel, the luxurious hotel where high profile travelers spent their times away from their homes. What was he doing here? “Relaxing” was the answer from the people. “Teaching” was his answer. I was envious of him, teaching and relaxing at the same time. Where is his home? “In the country side” was the answer of the people. “This is my home” was his answer. Something struck my head. “Why don’t people see him the way he saw himself?” So curiosity made me to study this guy. It took me to his home and all his work places. Made me a loiterer with the reason only I knew.
His home was indeed in the country side as I saw with my eyes. ‘Antonym’ would be the best word to describe the two words that describe his lifestyle and the lifestyle of his family back home. I was shocked to see him teach strangers for money while his sons and daughters need to be taught. He loved his home by telling them to work hard and giving a lot of advices he has learnt verbally. But his family remained the same old fashioned despite his perennial instructions. He seems far too smart to go back to them and teach them practically. To take them to his place, their expenditure would become higher than the income; every educated man like him knows what consequences would follow. The family on their part would never leave their place. Their inherited village was a mother to them in which lies their identity and culture. I made a conclusion that time would never change them.
As I laid my head on my soft feather pillow, I started thinking of the man that took my mind for more than a week. I wonder why many educated men from the countryside leave our hometown/village, never to settle back, in search of a better fortune while our friends and people back at home are still far away from development. Do we really love our people? Can we judge people by looking only at the person? Don’t we look like a hypocrite trying to hide our real image? They are like a man that goes out to the jungle in search of food and find it, but never returns to his family to deliver it but finishes the food all alone.
No wonder that there are many villages in this world which had produced a hundreds of genuine scholars that serve in the cities. “There is no job in villages/towns fit for scholars”. May be the reason most of them have in mind. But jobs are created by men. Are the scholars from the countryside incapable developing the underdeveloped? Most of us are looking for an almost complete house for ourselves instead of rebuilding our own broken house where our family will always remain. Furthermore, laying new foundations would be far from our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

write your comments